Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chinese Orchestra Practice

I had learned my er hu since my alpha which means almost 5 years already. Normally, we will practice the whole year to prepare our concert every year in March or April. I joined the performance one year after I learned the er hu instrument. If included the concert which coming soon in April this year, I had joined as a performer for 4 Chinese Orchestra Concert since year 2007.

However, this time is the most challenging for me due to lack of time to practice the song. I didn’t practice my er hu at least 7 months when I went for practical training. I decided to go back practice after I finished my training and my last semester started. How can I manage to know all 6 songs in less than 20 times practice? 20 times in 8 weeks? When I see the schedule, I scare of it. I am really not sure about my ability because my music sense a bit weak. There is doubt whether I can handle the song or not. I had gone for practice for two times in this first two weeks. One word can describe it which is ‘die’. The song looks like quite difficult. It is my first time sees the music score which are more than 2 pages and need to change so many different key which from F to G, G to C, C to B Flat, B flat to D and A, then back to C and F. I almost forgot everything and not even learn B Flat and A before although I know where should I press for every sound, how should I cop with this? Is it practice make perfect? Others key also not that familiar. I should ask myself when can I read the score and I know how should I play it straight. It is really challenging. I not really know why I joined it, or may be just did not want to give up like this.

I know it was stress because the first time when I joined as a performer, I would not forget that I had 6 ulcers in my mouths straight after one day intensive training for our ensemble. It was terrible because it pained for one month plus. For this time, I hope it will not happen again due stress. Practice more will reduce the stress. Hopefully, I will not too lazy to practice it. Gambatte, I know I can do it if I want to do it. The will power must be very strong.

No comments: